Political Science Major (BA) and Minor
Political science is the study of government, but it is also the study of human nature, morality, and justice. If you major or minor in political science, you’ll learn about the different systems – both current and past – people have used to govern themselves.
What Will I Study?
Your classes will explore the history of politics in the United States and other countries. You’ll also study various philosophies of politics and justice.
Political science majors complete a senior seminar project, which culminates in writing and presenting a research paper.
What Kind of Job Can I Get?
Political science majors often plan to work in government or attend law school after college. Jobs include:
- Customs or immigration officer
- Policy analyst
- State legislator
What Our Graduates Are Doing
- Executive Director, County Commissioners Association of Pennsylvania (CCAP)
- Financial Manager, United States Marine Corps
- Analyst, National Security Associates Worldwide
- Electricity Industry Specialist, U.S. Department of Energy
- Federal Officer, U.S. Customs and Border Protection
David Richards, PhD
Associate Professor of International Relations and Political Science
Chair of the Political Science Department