Art Major (BA)
- Art History (Minor)
- Arts Administration (Minor)
- Digital Media Arts (Minor)
- Graphic Design (Minor)*
- Museum Studies (Minor)
- Studio Art (Minor)**
- Web Design and Development (Minor)
*You may not combine the graphic design emphasis with this minor.
**You may not combine the studio art emphasis with this minor.
The University of Lynchburg art major will help you develop your skills as an artist or designer, expanding your vision and repertoire. You’ll be able to explore mediums like painting, sculpting, and printmaking, while also learning about art history and visual communication.
Our faculty are experienced artists who are passionate about teaching. They know what it takes to make it as an artist or designer today — they’ve done it themselves! And our students get one-on-one time with them in our studios and labs, where they can hone their style. It doesn’t matter if you want to be an illustrator, graphic designer, or art teacher — we’ll prepare you for success!
As a Lynchburg art student, you’ll:
- Gain a well-rounded education in art and design.
- Learn techniques and background for a variety of mediums.
- Become familiar with critical theory behind successful artwork or design.
- Create something you’re proud of that’ll help start or define your portfolio.
- Develop the skills that’ll prepare you for a career in the arts.
The art major offers three emphases:
Student and Alumni Spotlights
Siobhan Byrns, MFA
Associate Professor of Art