Economics is the study of how people create and use the resources they have. We offer a BA in Economics in 2 areas of emphasis.
The financial economics emphasis explores financial markets, processes, and theories. The general economics emphasis provides a balanced study of economic activities with specific focus on the free market system.
The economics minor gives you a solid foundation in economic fundamentals.
What Will I Study?
Economics majors study economic principles, theory, and history; money, credit, and banking; finance and investment; and ethics.
What Can I Do With This Degree?
Economic study can prepare you for a variety of careers. Common careers for economics majors include:
- Economic consultant
- Teacher or professor
- General manager
What Are Some of Our Graduates Doing?
- Vice President, Association of Postal Commerce
- Metro NY Regional Sales Manager, Merril Lynch
- Associate, U.S. Trust’s Wealth Management Unit
- President & CEO, Memorial Credit Union
- Fraud Analyst II, Bank of America