The School of Nursing at University of Lynchburg offers a rigorous and rewarding program. As a nursing major, you’ll benefit from our evidence-based approach to coursework, and you’ll form lasting relationships with faculty mentors and fellow students.
Our comprehensive curriculum and clinical experience provide you with a range of practical and academic opportunities to prepare you for many employment pathways within the nursing profession and graduate study.
What Will I Study?
Your courses will be a combination of liberal arts and sciences that adhere to The Essentials of Baccalaureate Education for Professional Nursing Practice from the American Association of Colleges of Nursing. A broad range of study options will prepare you to practice from a caring, holistic, and scientific foundation.
You’ll have opportunities to apply theory and research to function in a variety of roles to assist diverse populations. Individual teacher/learner encounters and the use of technology provide individual and group learning experiences.
What Are Some of Our Graduates Doing?
- Registered Nurse, Cardiovascular Recovery Unit, Lynchburg General Hospital, Lynchburg, Va.
- VCU – Medical Respiratory Care Unit
- UVA – OR and Medical Surgical
- Serve as nurse navigators and in other management positions
NCLEX-RN Examination Pass Rate
- 2019 University of Lynchburg pass rate: 97.62%
- 2018 University of Lynchburg pass rate: 98%
- 2017 University of Lynchburg pass rate: 77.6%
- 2016 University of Lynchburg pass rate: 95%
- 2015 University of Lynchburg pass rate: 100%
- National average pass rate: 88%
The University of Lynchburg nursing program is approved by the Virginia Board of Nursing
9960 Maryland Drive, Suite 300, Henrico, Va. 23233-1463
Accreditation: The baccalaureate degree program in nursing and master’s degree program in nursing at University of Lynchburg are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.ccneaccreditation.org).