Nursing Major (BS)
Lynchburg is a great place to be if you want to launch into a successful career as a nurse. Our evidence-based coursework will give you the skills you need to be successful. Plus, you’ll get lots of individualized attention from experienced professionals.
You’ll get to explore our program’s nursing facilities, including the simulation lab. In the lab, students learn hands-on skills through simulated patient scenarios and work toward becoming accomplished nurses.
With our diverse options, you can find a job in health care that is right for you. You’ll graduate from our program with a strong background in theory, research, and how healthcare works. This way, you’ll be a strong job candidate for positions in the emergency room or operating room. Lynchburg’s program is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) and meets professional licensure requirements, so you’ll be qualified no matter where your career takes you.
As a Lynchburg nursing student, you’ll:
- Have opportunities to learn both in and outside of the classroom.
- Take part in simulation and active learning to build competence and confidence in real-world scenarios.
- Use iPads in clinical, simulation, and classroom settings as part of our program, which is recognized as an Apple Distinguished School.
NCLEX Pass Rate
- 2021 University of Lynchburg pass rate: 75.5%
- 2020 University of Lynchburg pass rate: 97.5%
- 2019 University of Lynchburg pass rate: 97.6%
- 2018 University of Lynchburg pass rate: 97.9%
- 2017 University of Lynchburg pass rate: 77.6%
Accreditation and Approval
Patrick Reinhard, DHA, MSN, RN
Professor of Nursing
Dean of the School of Nursing