University of Lynchburg Undergraduate and Graduate Nursing Programs offer distinctive curricula fostering a student-centered environment that values diversity, welcomes all faith traditions, and engages students in a global society.
The mission of University of Lynchburg Nursing is to impart an attitude of service, thoughtful inquiry, leadership, scholarship, excellent communication skills, and continuous quality improvement using state of the art technologies, to position students for successful, entry level professional nursing careers and future graduate studies.
University of Lynchburg Nursing incorporates a liberal arts education preparing students to be effective leaders in the civic, professional, and spiritual dimensions of life. A rigorous, evidence based, patient-centered curriculum is enhanced by experiences in a variety of health care settings, collaborating across disciplines to deliver holistic nursing care. Information on health care policies and systems management is incorporated to ensure students receive a broader context of health care to effectively function in the professional nursing environment.
Faculty use innovative teaching modalities, state of the art technologies, and informatics to guide students in the delivery of safe, culturally competent nursing care, addressing health promotion and health prevention in individuals, families, communities and populations. Faculty maintain close relationships with students, alumni, staff, and community partners to enhance the nursing curriculum and professional learning experiences.
In support of the Mission of the University of Lynchburg Nursing Program, students will:
- Make appropriate nursing practice decisions using research and evidence based practice for persons of various ages and health states to promote and improve health care results.
- Provide safe, patient-centered, culturally competent nursing care across the continuum for individuals, families, communities, and populations to promote health and disease prevention.
- Communicate effectively with patients, families, colleagues, and professionals from other disciplines.
- Demonstrate effective, ethical use of information technologies to perform and document safe, quality patient care.
- Demonstrate excellence in writing skills and research by producing creative scholarship that expands nursing knowledge.
- Positively influence health care outcomes through Interprofessional collaboration to accomplish patient health care goals.
- Integrate knowledge of health care policies, systems management, and finance using innovative approaches to promote continuous quality improvement in healthcare settings
- Demonstrate professional behaviors and values to model the core attributes of the nursing profession and pursue practice excellence.