- Business (Minor)
- Business Administration (BA)
- Economics (BA, Minor)
- Finance (Minor)
- Financial Economics (BA)
- Accounting (Minor)*
*You may not combine the accounting major with this minor.
Accounting Degree (BA)
Accounting is the backbone of all business decisions. It provides the basis on which resources within an organization are utilized and allocated. In the complex economic environment, accounting is how you navigate the financial landscapes in the private and public sectors. Accounting isn’t just crunching numbers; it’s about understanding and influencing how you drive economic activity. At the University of Lynchburg, the accounting major is designed to offer both the theoretical knowledge and practical skills needed to excel in the accounting profession.
We’ll give you an in-depth knowledge of accounting so you have the tools to help businesses thrive and grow. As an accountant, you’ll provide valuable insights to improve financial efficiency, reduce risks, and help steer strategic decision-making. Accounting skills also equip you to confront financial challenges, adapt to regulatory changes, and harness opportunities in the evolving business environment.
Our program empowers you with technical knowledge, complemented by the ability to apply this knowledge with skill and sound judgment. By undertaking this program, you’ll develop abilities in financial analysis, strategic cost management, taxation, auditing, and more. The curriculum also encourages the use of the latest technology, facilitating a comprehensive and contemporary understanding of the field.
As a Lynchburg accounting student, you’ll:
- Learn from our faculty, who bring extensive professional experience to the classroom, offering real-world insights that enrich your understanding.
- Open up a wide variety of professional career paths, creating ample opportunities for advancement.
- Build the foundation for a profession that offers job security, respect, and financial rewards.
- Leverage the latest technology in the field through our cutting-edge curriculum.
- Gain the necessary academic foundation for taking CPA and CMA exams, setting you on the path to professional certifications.
Student and Alumni Spotlights
Kevin Arrington ’98 MAcc, ’16 MEd, CMA
Associate Professor of Accounting
Chair of the Accounting Department