Accounting Major (BA) and Minor
Our challenging accounting major (BA) and minor give you the technical knowledge you need, plus the ability to apply your knowledge with skill and good judgment. You’ll benefit from working with professors who have extensive, real-world professional experience.
An accounting degree offers:
- A wide variety of professional career paths
- Opportunities for advancement
- Job security, respect, and financial reward
- Use of the latest technology
What do you know about the accounting profession? Get the Facts.
What Can I Do With This Degree?
With an accounting background, you can work as an auditor, financial analyst, FBI agent, fraud investigator, chief financial officer, tax specialist, business consultant – in fact, there are hundreds of opportunities for you after graduation.
What Are Some of Our Graduates Doing?
- CPA – Staff Auditor, Cotton & Company, LLP
- Case Management Representative, Genworth Financial
- Senior Financial Analyst, Black & Decker
- Director of Finance, Connolly Bove Lodge & Hutz LLP
- Associate, Dixon Hughes Goodman LLP
Find out what more of our graduates are doing.
The education I received in the accounting program at SOBE gave me the knowledge, skills, and abilities to be successful and to continue learning in the professional world. What I learned in my classes directly translated into what I’ve needed at my job and in my preparation for the CPA exam.
James Fox '16
Kevin Arrington ’98 MAcc, ’16 MEd, CMA
Associate Professor of Accounting
Chair of the Accounting Department