Our challenging major (BA) or minor in history provides opportunities to explore all aspects of history with knowledgeable faculty.
What Will I Study?
Coursework covers a range of history, from ancient Greek and Roman civilization to the present day.
Core courses in American, European, and non-Western history, along with historical method, form the basis for the major.
What Kind of Job Can I Get?
Learning about history prepares you for success in government, business, teaching, or many other career paths. History majors are often employed in areas such as:
- Government service
- Historical organizations and museums
- Research institutions
- Religious and philanthropic organizations
- Communications media
- Market research
- Public relations
What Are Some of Our Graduates Doing?
- Intelligence Specialist, U.S. Department of Defense
- Director of Development, Historical Society of West Virginia
- Financial Specialist, U.S. Department of Agriculture
- Park Guide, Lincoln Home National Historic Site
- Musuem Technician, National Park Service
talks with Dr. Sanders. Read more.
History Grads Are Attending Graduate School:
- Villanova University
- UNC – Chapel Hill
- Rice University