In many ways, history is the most comprehensive major: everything and everybody has a history. The study of history is the study of change over time. Studying history increases your sensitivity to the uniqueness of people and important human events.
Our challenging major (BA) or minor in history gives you opportunities to explore all aspects of history in a friendly and supportive setting.
What Will I Study?
Your classes will cover a range of history, from ancient Greek and Roman civilization to the present day.
Core courses in American, European, and non-Western history, along with historical method, form the basis for the major.
What Kind of Job Can I Get?
Learning about history prepares you for success in government, business, teaching, or any other career. History majors are often employed in areas such as:
- Government service
- Historical organizations and museums
- Research institutions
- Religious and philanthropic organizations
- Communications media
- Market research
- Public relations
What Are Some of Our Graduates Doing?
- Intelligence Specialist, U.S. Department of Defense
- Director of Development, Historical Society of West Virginia
- Financial Specialist, U.S. Department of Agriculture
- Park Guide, Lincoln Home National Historic Site
- Musuem Technician, National Park Service
talks with Dr. Sanders. Read more.
History Grads Are Attending Graduate School:
- Villanova University
- UNC – Chapel Hill
- Rice University