What does PRSSA do?
- Provides an understanding of current theories and procedures in the field of public relations
- Inspires an appreciation for the highest ethical ideals and principles
- Creates an awareness of an appropriate professional attitude
How Will Membership in PRSSA Benefit You?
- Gain access to PRSSA’s Job center for job postings and internship opportunities
- Sharpen your skills
- Attend luncheons, regional activities, conferences
- Get hands on experience in marketing, advertising, and PR
- Network with professionals
- Connect with PRSSA members at other colleges
- Establish yourself as a serious professional
PRSSA members hold events that benefit the campus community:
- Developing a PR plan for an on campus organization
- Designing a campaign to encourage students to register for security text message alerts
- Bringing guest speakers to campus:
- Kimberly Land ’96, manager of public affairs, outreach, and education for NASA in Langley, Va
- Richard Coorsh (LC Alum), VP of Communications at the Federation of American Hospitals
All interested students are welcome to join. Dues are $65 and are paid once a year. For more information, please contact Dr. Jeremy Langett, Faculty Advisor, 434.544.8544.