Our electronic media emphasis is all about letting you try your hand at creating, writing, producing, and editing different kinds of media, like videos or articles.
In this program, you’ll get to work in places that feel like real work environments, alone or in teams. You’ll learn how to use the tools of the media industry and develop creative content for newspapers, TV, and the internet.
You’ll work directly with new technology, including high-definition video cameras, television studio equipment, high-quality audio recording, and editing software. We believe in learning by doing, so hands-on projects are a key part of this program. Your work will be showcased through campus screenings, television programs, on the web, and in the campus newspaper.
This program will prepare you for a future in electronic media and equip you with the skills to do well in our digital world.
As a communication studies major in the electronic media emphasis at the University of Lynchburg, you’ll get real-world experience and access to state-of-the art tools. Here’s what you’ll do:
- Create TV broadcasts.
- Learn from our professors while working on projects.
- Report news and make multimedia stories for the web.
- Create documentary films.
- Learn audio recording and editing.
- Help with TV studio production.
- Make short films.
- Create digital motion graphics.
- Make animations.
- Practice commercial writing and production.
- Work on projects with other students from theatre, music, art, and other programs.
- Complete internships and maybe even study in a different country!
The electronic media emphasis is also available as a minor.