Important Information About the Machines
Our laundry service provider, Caldwell & Gregory, has installed high efficiency “front load” washers and dryers in all laundry rooms, and these washers work differently from top load models.
Use only liquid HE-type detergent. Look for this symbol on the bottle when purchasing your detergent:
Follow the manufacturer’s directions for the correct amount of detergent to use.
- Soap and liquid fabric softener go into the dispenser – not directly on the clothing.
- The door will lock approximately 30 seconds after the cycle starts and will not unlock until after the cycle completes. Do not try to open the door while the washer is running!
- You will need a laundry card to use the machines.
- Read and follow directions on all clothing labels.
- Empty your pockets of all items! If left in your pockets, items such as pens and lip balm may damage your clothing.
- Sort your clothes into at least light and dark colors.
- Pre-treat any stains you may have with a pre-treat product.
- Use only liquid HE-type detergent.
- Use the correct part of the soap dispenser for both the detergent and liquid fabric softener.
- One washer load = one dryer load.
- Empty the dryer’s lint filter after each use.
Setting Up Your Speed Queen Mobile App
The University of Lynchburg has partnered with Caldwell and Gregory to offer the Speed Queen mobile app. This allows students to add funds to the app to do their laundry. The app also allows students to view machine availability, see remaining cycle times on machines currently in use, and receive notifications when their laundry is complete via email or text!
Please utilize these instructions to set-up the mobile app and do your laundry:
- In the Apple Store or Google Play store, download the Speed Queen Laundry app. Look for this symbol:
- Create your account. Please note that you MUST use your University email address to create your account.
- Check your email for the confirmation code.
- Add your location utilizing the following pin: HORNET
- Add funds to your mobile wallet using credit, debit, or Apple Pay. There is a $10 minimum. Funds loaded to your account are non-refundable.
- Select your laundry room from the list of locations.
- View all the available machines and select a machine.
- After selecting your cycle, pay for your laundry.
- Select notification options to receive an email or text message notification when the machine has 3 minutes left on the cycle.
Watch this brief video on how to set-up your account and pay for your laundry using the app!
Note: International students will need to turn their phone to USA to download the app.
Note: University-owned houses with washers and dryers will remain on the CleanCash system utilizing the laundry card. Laundry cards can be purchased on campus at the Add Value Station located next to the ATM machine on the second floor of the Drysdale Student Center. Students can revalue their card by visiting caldwellandgregory.com and select the “Revalue Your Card” link.
- Log in using the password you selected when registering your card.
- In the green “Manage my Card” box, click on “Revalue my Card.”
- Enter your payment information (we accept bank/credit cards). You will receive a 6-digit Revalue Code (shown in red) on your receipt page.
- Either print the receipt page or write this code down for your records. You will need it to put the funds on your laundry card.
Returning Students Transfer of Funds
Returning students that previously used a CleanCash laundry card may transfer funds from their card to the Speed Queen mobile app. Students will receive an email from the Office of Housing and Residence Life after the start of the academic year with instructions on how to submit a laundry card refund form to transfer funds. Returning students should go ahead and create an account and add funds on the Speed Queen app.
- Please visit laundrypalooza.com for a list of frequently asked questions and troubleshooting advice.
- You can also go to “Settings” in the upper right corner of your Speed Queen app and tap “Support” to be connected to a technical support agent via Live Chat.
If you have any problems with the machines or the Speed Queen mobile app, please contact Caldwell & Gregory at 800.927.9274 or caldwellandgregory.com. Each machine also has a QR code on the machine that you can scan with a smartphone and submit a service request.