- 8 semester hours of biology with lab (2 biology with lab courses)* (excludes A&P)
- 4 semester hours of general chemistry with lab or introductory chemistry with lab*
- 4 semester hours of organic chemistry with lab or biochemistry with lab*
- 4 semester hours of human anatomy with lab
- 4 semester hours of human physiology with lab
- 3-4 semester hours of microbiology with lab
- 3 semester hours of genetics
* These courses should be equivalent courses required in the science majors.
- 3 semester hours of general or developmental psychology
- 3 semester hours of introductory statistics (or equivalent course in other discipline)
- 3 semester hours of economics, sociology, political science, or similar coursework.
All prerequisites must be completed at a regionally or nationally accredited college or university within the U.S. or Canada prior to matriculation. CLEP scores will not be accepted in place of prerequisites. AP scores will be accepted. The AP credit must be reflected on an undergraduate transcript. No prerequisite courses may be completed as “pass/fail” or “credit/non-credit.” Prerequisite courses completed with a grade below ‘C’ do not qualify.
Bachelor’s Degree Requirement
A bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university in the U.S. or Canada is required to enter this program.
The minimum cumulative GPA to be considered for admission is 3.0. Strong applicants will exceed the minimum GPA. In addition to the cumulative GPA applicants must have a minimum science GPA of 3.0 and a minimum prerequisite GPA of 3.0 (all on a 4.0 scale).
Direct Patient Care Requirements
Students must have completed a minimum of 500 hours of direct patient care and 8 hours shadowing a licensed PA prior to matriculation. Many applicants far exceed the minimum amount for direct patient care hours. Patient care may consist of work or volunteer experience including but not limited to: athletic trainer, paramedic or EMT, military medic, nurse, nurse aide, laboratory technician, radiology technician, respiratory therapist, and surgical technician. Hours received through a certificate training or undergraduate degree program are typically not accepted (AT, EMT, OT, RN). Certificate training or undergraduate experiences with high levels of independent patient care will be considered on an individual basis by the clinical director. Employment as a scribe and PA shadowing hours may count toward the direct patient care hours on a case by case basis. We do not require documentation of your patient care hours but reserve the right to verify them. Verification of PA shadowing is required for the Supplemental Application.
For additional information, please contact us at email@example.com or 434.544.8876.