- All applicants must apply through CASPA. Applications for the May 2023 entry term will be accepted as of April 28, 2022. CASPA considers an application to be complete when all items including fees, transcripts, letters of reference or other required items are e-submitted with the application. All applicants are asked to read and adhere to the CASPA Code of Cooperation. University of Lynchburg requires that all application items be verified by CASPA before being reviewed by the Admissions Committee. This verification process can take up to four weeks. It is important to submit all items to CASPA as early as possible. The deadline for your verified application is Jan. 15, 2023. The average applicant will spend a week or more completing the CASPA application. Learn more about the CASPA fee assistance program (PDF).
- Supplemental applications and interviews
Qualified applicants will receive University of Lynchburg’s Supplemental Application via email (check your spam filter) until the rolling admission process ends. Applicants will then be required to return the Supplemental Application to the Office of Admissions along with a $50 non-refundable fee within 15 days. Failure to return the application in 15 days will result in the application being closed.
- Qualified applicants who receive a supplemental application must also take the Casper situational judgment test. Casper situational judgment test results must be from the current application year.
The Admissions Committee will review both the CASPA and Supplemental Applications. Applicants who submit the Supplemental Application are not guaranteed an interview. The admissions committee will invite qualified applicants for an on campus interview. Applicants may be invited for interviews as applications are completed.
- The admission decision process
- University of Lynchburg has a rolling admissions process.
- When all of the cohort has enrolled the admission process will end.
- The cohort for 2025 will be a maximum of 40 full-time students.
- Admission decisions will be determined after each interview session.
- Applicants will be notified with one of the following decisions: a) admitted to enroll, b) added to an active candidate list for consideration, c) unable to be admitted.
It is important to note that all qualified applicants who meet application requirements for the University of Lynchburg PA Medicine program will be considered for an interview and acceptance into the program. Non-academic criteria are valued and considered during application review. The non-academic criteria are consistent with the University of Lynchburg PA Medicine program’s mission and values.
Non-academic criteria valued by the University of Lynchburg PA Medicine program include:
- University of Lynchburg Alumni
- Military (i.e.-veteran, active, and/or reserves)
- Students from economic and environmentally underrepresented populations (as determined by CASPA HRSA indicators)
- Minority Applicants
- First-generation college student
The Admissions Committee will use a rubric that awards points for various components of the application, including academic achievement as well as direct patient care quality and quantity. Five additional points will be granted to University of Lynchburg graduates and Veterans. In the event that an applicant is both a University of Lynchburg graduate and a Veteran a maximum of five additional points is granted. Veterans must have served in the military under honorable conditions and must provide documentation of service. The rubric score is used as a component in the Admissions Committee’s process but may not determine the admission decision. Candidates are evaluated on all academic work (including cumulative GPA, science GPA, prerequisite GPA), official GRE scores, letters of recommendation, supplemental application data, interview scores, patient care experience, demonstrated service, and leadership ability.
The interview day includes further assessment of the candidates through individual interviews and group interview activities. Each of these interviews will be conducted by PA faculty members and partnered with another faculty member or colleague of the program. The rubric is updated to include interview day activities as part the admission process. All candidates will receive email notification from The Chair/ Program Director regarding their status. Acceptance packets will be issued to candidates who are admitted to enroll.
Applicants selected for admission must:
- successfully complete a background check via CASPA. Certified Background prior to enrollment.
- A background check request will be issued via CASPA. The background check must be completed by May 1.
- provide evidence of good health and up-to-date immunizations prior to enrollment.
- submit to drug testing as required by the program and any clinical practice sites (Non-compliance with the criminal background checks and/or drug testing policies may be cause for dismissal from the program of study.)
- maintain personal health insurance not provided by the College (Required liability insurance coverage will be provided by the College.)
- attend all orientation sessions scheduled by the program.
It is against University of Lynchburg’s policy to share any information regarding an application with anyone other than the applicant. We will communicate with applicants primarily via email, so applicants should check their email regularly including any spam filters.
University of Lynchburg does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, disability, gender, gender preference, or national or ethnic origin (and complies with the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act).
- The enrollment process
Students who are admitted to enroll must submit a $1,500 non-refundable deposit fee within 15 days of notification of acceptance. The deposit will be applied to tuition after a student enrolls. Once a student has submitted the deposit to enroll, he/she will receive instructions regarding background checks, drug screenings, orientation dates, etc. Any billing questions should be directed to Student Accounts at 434.544.8606 or 434.544.8246.