Are you a transfer applicant?
Transfer students are traditional-age students (24 or younger) who have completed or are in the process of completing 12 or more college credits after graduating from high school.
To transfer to Lynchburg, you must be in good academic and social standing at the school you are transferring from, and have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 for all college courses.
Competitive applicants typically have successfully completed college-level coursework in mathematics (at or above the Algebra II level), English composition, history for western/world civilizations, and any additional general education subject areas. The admissions committee may consider both your high school and college record when reviewing your application.
Step 1: Apply
- Fall semester: July 31
- Spring semester: Dec. 19
Applications submitted after these deadlines will be considered depending on space availability.
Step 2: Submit Your Application Materials
Include these required materials with your application, or send separately by mail:
- Official college transcripts: Transcripts must be mailed directly from the registrar’s office of each college/university you have attended. Concealing previous attendance at a post-secondary institution is considered an honor code violation and will result in the cancellation of your application and admission.
- Official high school transcripts or GED results: Required only if you have taken fewer than 25 credit hours of graded coursework at the college level.
- Official SAT and/or ACT scores: Required only if you have taken fewer than 25 credit hours of graded coursework at the college level. Scores may be waived if you graduated 2 or more years ago. Lynchburg school codes:
- SAT: 5372
- ACT: 4368
Optional, But Strongly Recommended
Email these optional materials to firstname.lastname@example.org, or send separately by mail:
- Letter of recommendation: From a college professor, employer, or someone who can speak to your ability to succeed at Lynchburg. There is no special form required.
- Essay: Discuss your personal goals and reasons for wanting to attend the University of Lynchburg.
- Unofficial transfer credit evaluation: You can receive an unofficial transfer credit evaluation during your campus visit. Call us at 800.426.8100, ext. 8300, to schedule an appointment.
Once we receive your application and application materials, we’ll review them and will contact you with an admission decision, or to request additional information. You can expect to receive a decision within 2 to 4 weeks.