Academic Transcript Information
In accordance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) of 1974, a student’s academic record can only be released upon request by the student. As such, the university does not accept 3rd party requests, including those from parents or employers. Regretfully, the university cannot accept authorization by telephone.
A transcript will not be issued unless all financial obligations to the university have been satisfied.
Transcripts will be processed within five (5) business days from when the request is received.
Transcripts requested to be sent prior to the official date of graduation will not include a notation of your degree. If you need a transcript with the graduation date included, please indicate that on your request and it will be processed approximately five (5) business days after the official conferral date.
How to Order Your Transcript
As of January 15, 2019, the university will no longer accept faxed or emailed transcript requests. In addition, we will no longer fax academic transcripts to recipients. If a transcript is needed quickly, we recommend requesting an electronic version through the National Student Clearinghouse (information, below). Current students can view their unofficial academic record through their student portal at https://my.lynchburg.edu.
- Online: National Student Clearinghouse (information, below). Current students can view their unofficial academic record through their student portal at https://my.lynchburg.edu. We have arranged for NSC to be the official vendor for providing you with an electronic PDF transcript. If you want an electronic PDF transcript, ordering through NSC is the only way to obtain that version. Note: There is an additional fee for electronic delivery service. You will be charged $5 per copy plus $3.50 processing fee per destination.
- In person: Visit the Office of the Registrar, 4th floor of Hall Campus Center, during regular business hours (Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.). Transcripts can be printed while you wait or you can submit a request to have them mailed to a third party. (Please note that if you want an electronic version of your transcript, we cannot accept a request in person. You must request the transcript through the National Student Clearinghouse, above.)
- By mail: Print out, complete, and sign the Transcript Request Form and mail to the Office of the Registrar, 1501 Lakeside Drive, Lynchburg, VA 24501. You must include a check written to the University of Lynchburg as payment. We do not allow payment with a credit card through this method. (Please note that if you want an electronic version of your transcript or want to pay by credit card, we cannot accept a request by mail. You must request the transcript through the National Student Clearinghouse, above.)
If Priority Express/Overnight service is requested, we offer the service through the US Postal Service. The University of Lynchburg cannot guarantee overnight services through this method. Requests will be processed within 24 hours or the next business day if received on Friday, the weekend, or a holiday. For same day service, the request must be made by 9 a.m. Requests made after 9 a.m. will be sent the following business day. There is an additional fee of $25 for this service. This service is not recommended for international addresses. Those sending to international addresses should call the office at 434.544.8218 for assistance.
There is a fee of $5.00 per transcript. If additional services are requested, the following fees are added.
- Electronic PDF transcript through National Student Clearinghouse: $3.25
- USPS Priority Mail Express: $25 per recipient
- USPS Priority Mail Express (non-contiguous 48 states): Call office for pricing.
- International Fed Ex (rates provided by Fed Ex): Call office for pricing. This service will require 2-day processing.
*All fees are subject to change