Repairs may not be made by anyone other than authorized University personnel. Similarly, alterations — such as adding air conditioning units or adding or removing doors or other structures — may not be made. Student residences come with various standard furnishings based on the individual residence hall or house. Standard furnishings are property of the University and may not be altered or moved out of the residence without the permission of the University.
If a repair is needed in a residential facility, students may report the concern to their community assistant (CA) so that a work order to Facilities Management can be submitted. Students may also submit their own work order via Asset Essentials.
Your username and password for Asset Essentials should be the same as your University of Lynchburg username and password. Once you log in the first time, the system will automatically give you requestor privileges if you have a lynchburg.edu email address. It will not work with other email addresses.
Steps for Submitting a Work Order
- Log in to Asset Essentials using your University of Lynchburg credentials.
- Click to select the specific site and location for your request. Using the text box, identify the specific area/room number for the request.
- Click on the dropdown menu to select the appropriate work category that best fits the nature of your request.
- In the “Work Requested” box, define your request and include any relevant information that will help the maintenance team. Be as descriptive as possible.
- If there are any pictures or documents associated with the request, you can add them in the documents/image section of the request page. These can be added by clicking on the “Add Attachment” button or dragging and dropping the file in the box.
- Once all the information has been entered, click “SUBMIT” to save and enter your request.
Here is a brief video tutorial on submitting a work order.
Work orders will be processed in the order they are received and will be prioritized based on the severity of the issue.
If you feel this is a critical request or emergent need, please call Facilities Management at 434.544.8276 for maintenance requests during normal business hours: Monday-Friday from 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m. You may leave a voicemail if needed. Examples of critical requests include a substantial leak, sewer backing up, smoke or excessive heat from electrical units, no power, and no water. For critical requests after business hours or on weekends, please call Campus Safety and Security at 434.544.8102 to report the concern. On-call staff will be notified.