Since 1986, the Lynchburg Alumni Association’s Honorary Alumni award has honored individuals who did not graduate from Lynchburg, but are closely affiliated with the school. These individuals have displayed exceptional interest, dedication and/or service to the school, and have made a positive impact on the Lynchburg community.
Nominations for 2019 will be accepted through February 15, 2019.
Eligibility requirements: A candidate can be — but is not limited to being — a staff member, faculty member, board member, supporter of the school, or friend of Lynchburg.
Criteria for selection:
- Each candidate must have displayed exceptional interest, dedication and/or service to the school, as evidenced by references and recommendations
- Preference is given to candidates who have demonstrated interest in the school for a minimum of five (5) years
- If the candidate is a staff and/or faculty member, the candidate must have demonstrated exceptional service that exceeds his or her job expectations, as seen by references and recommendations
- Special consideration is given to nominees who have helped to broaden the message(s) of the school and shared his or her expertise (beyond job scoped) with the school, students and/or alumni
Nominations: Accepted from all sources.
Other: This honor may be posthumously bestowed.
Questions? Contact the Office of Alumni Relations.
* indicates a required field.