The University of Lynchburg’s Master of Science in Athletic Training program is an excellent choice for those who are passionate about health care and helping athletes and individuals who are physically active to perform at the highest levels. The MSAT provides you with the skills, knowledge, and experience you need to become a successful professional in the athletic training field.
Lynchburg’s MSAT program combines classes, hands-on experiences, and clinical rotations, enabling you to apply both theoretical and practical athletic training skills. You’ll work with Lynchburg’s NCAA Division III athletes and also athletes at high schools, colleges, professional sports, and non-traditional settings, giving you valuable, real-world experience in keeping people healthy and injury free. The program also gives you a foundation in evidence-based medicine, helping you develop your skills to be an athletic trainer.
Upon completion of the program, you’ll be well-prepared for the Board of Certification examination, which is a requirement for practicing as an athletic trainer. Lynchburg’s program has an outstanding track record on the BOC exam, with a 100% overall pass rate for graduates. This high pass rate speaks to the quality of education and training you’ll receive in the program, as well as the dedication and expertise of the program faculty.
The University of Lynchburg provides you with a comprehensive education, hands-on clinical experience, and a strong focus on evidence-based medicine and research methods, equipping you with the skills and knowledge you need to succeed in your career as an athletic trainer.
The MSAT program features:
- 66-67 credit hours, completed in two years.
- Small, year-round cohorts of 20 students for personalized attention from program faculty.
- Hands-on clinical experience in a variety of settings, including intercollegiate athletics, intramural and club sports, high schools, industrial settings, physical therapy clinics, and physician’s offices.
- Study with nationally recognized faculty and staff.
- Opportunities to publish and present original research at professional conferences.
- Access to education and research facilities, including a human cadaver lab, to help you provide the best health care.
Why choose the University of Lynchburg athletic training graduate degree program?
You’ll have access to excellent clinical placements in intercollegiate athletics, intramural and club sports, high schools, industrial settings, physical therapy clinics, professional sports, and physician’s offices. The program also emphasizes research, providing students with opportunities to publish and present original research at professional conferences.
Our athletic training master’s degree:
- Graduates have a 100% Board of Certification overall pass rate.
- Has a 94% employment rate as athletic trainers.
- Fantastic original research opportunities.
- Is taught by faculty who have won awards from or been recognized by these and other prestigious organizations:
- Virginia Athletic Trainers’ Association
- Mid-Athletic Trainers’ Association
- National Athletic Trainers’ Association