The University of Lynchburg Graduate Assistantship Program is an opportunity for graduate students to gain practical work experience in an academic setting, enhance their research and leadership skills, and receive income to assist with educational expenses.
Graduate Assistants are employed in various academic and student support services offices across campus. These opportunities are very competitive and limited. The selection of graduate assistants begins in late March or early April.
To be eligible for a Graduate Assistantship at the University of Lynchburg:
- Must be admitted to one of the graduate degree programs
- Must be enrolled in at least 6 credit hours a semester
- Must maintain a GPA of 3.0 or better, demonstrate satisfactory academic progress and adhere to the University Code of Conduct.
All graduate assistants will receive an hourly rate of $17/hour for a maximum of 20 hours a week. The total maximum compensation is $12,750, for no more than a total of 750 hours in an academic school year. A student may choose to apply the stipend toward tuition, living expenses, or another expense.
- Click the link below to review all graduate assistantship opportunities. To filter through the open positions, click the arrow next to “Position Type,” select “Graduate” and hit the “Search” button. A link to the application is on each job description.
- The supervisor will reach out to you to schedule an interview.
- Once offered the position, you will complete a background check. Once the background check is complete, you will receive an email to schedule an appointment with the Office of Student Employment to complete your onboarding process.