Complete the DMSc 100% online!
The PA doctorate developed for PAs and by PAs.
The Doctor of Medical Science (DMSc) program at Lynchburg builds on what you’ve already learned, what you’ve already experienced, and what you’re already doing and results in a well-deserved doctoral degree.
As the demand for PAs increases, so should their role in administration and leadership.
Lynchburg’s DMSc was one of the first programs of its kind in the U.S. The program is flexible and designed for working PAs who are ready to take the next logical step in their field.
Lynchburg’s DMSc program equips PAs to innovate, lead, and make decisions that will improve patient care and the way it’s delivered. The Lynchburg DMSc offers PAs an intensive, clinical experience in their desired specialty, as well as education in executive leadership, health care law, global health, and application of research.
Career growth: Examples of what Lynchburg DMSc alumni are doing now:
- Chief PA for hospital department
- Lead PA for ambulatory practice group
- Senior PAs in many specialties
- Department chair
- Practice owner/start up
- C-suite executive
- Medical science liaison
- Military rank promotionsNational and state PA leadership
- PA program faculty promotions
- PAEA, NCCPA, and ARC-PA leadership
- Post-graduate faculty appointments
The DMSc gives PAs the skills, education, and status they need to:
- Innovate through application of medical research
- Build and lead a health care team
- Take a seat at the boardroom table
**This program is not an entry-level doctoral program. PAs interested in this program must have previously completed all of their PA professional education, completed a master’s degree from a regionally accredited institution, and successfully passed the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA) Physician Assistant National Certifying Exam (PANCE).