Transform your career in just 12 months.
Developed for PAs, by PAs, the Doctor of Medical Science program at the University of Lynchburg builds upon your existing experiences, knowledge, and skills, culminating in a well-deserved doctoral degree. As the demand for PAs increases, so does the need for their influence in administration and leadership. Our DMSc program prepares you to become a more effective advocate for the PA profession, ready to take a seat at the boardroom table where key decisions are made.
The DMSc program fosters your growth as a PA in today’s evolving healthcare landscape. Designed with flexibility in mind, this online program enables you to balance your professional commitments while embarking on this transformative journey. Our curriculum, the first of its kind, equips you to innovate, lead, and make decisions that improve patient care delivery. With an intensive, relevant clinical experience in your desired specialty, the Lynchburg DMSc shapes you as a leader in executive leadership, research, healthcare law, and global health.
The program also includes a year-long research project, providing you the tools to publish in scholarly journals and become a thought leader in decisions on the future of healthcare. Regardless of where you are in your career or the world, our 12-month program integrates seamlessly into the life you’ve already built for yourself.
Our goal is to empower you with the skills, education, and professional status required to excel in medical research, build and lead healthcare teams, and play a pivotal role in shaping the future of health care from the boardroom.
Key Highlights of Our Online DMSc Degree
- Complete 100% online and asynchronously.
- Continuing medical education credits are available.
- Up to 120 Category I AAPA CME credits are available.
- More than a dozen concentrations and certificates to customize your PA doctorate,
- More than 1,500+ DMSc alumni. The largest PA doctoral program network in the country.
- Alumni include:
- Jonathan Sobel, past president of the AAPA
- Beth Smolko, past president of the AAPA
- Kathryn Schisler, 2023 president of the APALM
- Lee Morissette, 2023 Director at Large APALM
- James Millward, Vice President PA Foundation Board of Trustees
- Jeremy Adler, Chief Operating Officer
- Bobby Cockram, Inova System APP Director
- Alumni include:
Why choose Lynchburg’s Doctor of Medical Science program?
Our program, developed by PAs for PAs, merges the strength of real-world clinical experience with academic rigor and innovation. By choosing Lynchburg’s DMSc program, you’re immersing yourself in a transformative educational environment guided by experienced faculty, rooted in a learner-centric approach, and bolstered by the most current research and clinical information.
We were the first civilian DMSc program. We’re thrilled to lead the way in making a mark on health care advancement.
Lynchburg’s DMSc is the start of your journey towards not just success, but significance:
- Enhanced Leadership Skills: Ascend to roles such as department chairs, lead PAs, or even C-suite executives.
- Greater Policy Influence: Take active roles in decision-making processes that impact your profession, patients, and the healthcare system.
- Expertise in Desired Specialties: Gain intensive clinical experience and recognition as a specialist in your chosen field.
- Academic and Research Advancements: Acquire the tools to engage in scholarly work, publish in academic journals, and achieve faculty promotions.
- Entrepreneurship Opportunities: Leverage your advanced skills and knowledge to innovate and establish your own practice or healthcare business.