The Post 9/11 GI Bill and funds from LC (based on our participation in the Yellow Ribbon Program) pay tuition and fees for eligible LC degree candidates and provide a housing allowance and money for books and supplies.
Who Is Eligible for GI Benefits?
To be eligible, a service member or veteran must have served at least 90 aggregate days beginning on or after September 11, 2001. Individuals honorably discharged with a service-connected disability who served 30 continuous days after September 10, 2001, may also be eligible.
The Post 9/11 Eligibility Chart will help you determine your eligibility.
The amount of your tuition and fees payment, housing allowance, and book stipend depends on how much time you have served. You will receive a larger benefit if you served more active duty or mobilization time.
All veterans who meet 100% Post 9/11 GI Bill eligibility and LC admission requirements can attend University of Lynchburg tuition-free thru the Yellow Ribbon Program! Benefits are available for undergraduate and graduate programs. Unused educational benefits may be transferred to children or spouses of qualifying veterans and active duty military. Be sure to complete our Yellow Ribbon Application (PDF) in order to qualify.
Which Benefit is Best?
Many veterans and service members can qualify for more than one education benefits program. Depending on your individual circumstances, one of these programs may give you better benefits than the others.
The Department of Veteran’s Affairs website provides a step-by-step Road Map For Success that compares the different education programs and helps you determine what benefit is best for you and how to apply for it.
The links to the GI Bill website of the Department of Veterans Affairs below provide more information about veterans education benefits.
- The Post-9/11 GI Bill
- Benefit Comparison Tools (find the best benefit for you)
- Transfer of Post 9-11 GI Bill Benefits to Dependents
- Yellow Ribbon Program
- Montgomery GI Bill – Active Duty (MGIB-AD)
- Montgomery GI Bill – Selected Reserve (MGIB-SR)
- Reserve Educational Assistance Program (REAP)
- Veterans Educational Assistance Program (VEAP)
- Educational Assistance Test Program (Section 901)
- Survivors’ and Dependents’ Educational Assistance Program (DEA)
- National Call to Service Program
- Tuition Assistance Top-Up
- Virginia Department of Veterans Services
Contact our Veterans Affairs Coordinator in the Registrar’s Office, 4th floor, Hall Campus Center; call 434.544.8218; or send an information request to .