The University of Lynchburg’s Master of Public Health program gives you the knowledge and skills you need to improve the health and well-being of diverse populations around the world — and to lead others along the way.
Through evidence-based practice, you’ll develop a well-rounded, advanced understanding
of public health. You’ll learn to assess population needs and design and evaluate interventions. You’ll delve into policies influencing population health programs.
You’ll gain data collection and analysis skills and learn to apply these skills in real-world situations. You’ll also explore epidemiological research models, strengthen biostatistical methods, such as survey and surveillance design and delivery, build management and leadership skills, and explore how health policies and systems impact different communities from an equity perspective.
Plus, you’ll discover community health analysis tools that will equip you for success and learn how to apply your knowledge in an ethical way.
In addition to the core public health courses, you’ll complete an experiential learning component either through an internship, a community-based project, or by conducting research. Upon successful completion of the program, graduates are eligible for certification as Certified Health Education Specialists by passing the National Commission for Health Education Credentialing exam.
The MPH program features:
- Learning essential skills for designing, implementing, administrating, and evaluating population health programs.
- Exploring a concentration in community health to empower you to support healthy communities locally and globally.
- An extensive curriculum that covers core areas of public health, including data analytics and assessment, policy development and program planning, communication, health equity, community partnerships, public health sciences, management and finance, and leadership and systems thinking.
- Specialized training in health promotion and education methods, health communication, program planning and evaluation, and program administration through the community health emphasis.
- Flexibility and accessibility with a 100% online program.
Why choose the University of Lynchburg public health graduate program?
- No GRE required.
- No application fee.
- No course prerequisites.
- 100% of graduates are employed or furthering their education.
- 100% pass rate on the National Commission for Health Education Credentialing CHES exam.
At Lynchburg, it’s never been easier, more rewarding, or more affordable to earn your MPH. In fact, we’re the most affordable MPH program in Virginia.
The most affordable MPH program in Virginia.
One-year MPH Program
MPH students start in the fall semester and complete their degree requirements in 12 months. Our online MPH program offers exceptional flexibility through its 12-week course structure, which is an efficient and adaptable approach that fits your education into your lifestyle.