The University of Lynchburg’s LIFE@Lynchburg program offers not-for-credit learning opportunities for community members age 50 and older. Ultimately, the program is a community of lifelong learners who explore topics together and do what the University of Lynchburg is known for — building friendships and connections that last a lifetime.
The program features weekly presentations on a variety of engaging topics, taught by current and retired faculty and staff members or area educators and presenters. Ten classes are offered each semester (fall and spring). LIFE@Lynchburg is for people who love learning, want to dig deeper in their areas of interest, or discover something new.
With LIFE@Lynchburg, you’ll learn about history, science and technology, arts, culture, politics, and more. The program is open to residents of the surrounding community, as well as alumni and existing Lynchburg friends and family! There are no requirements or prerequisites, only that you’re ready to dive in, learn about and discuss interesting topics, and make some new friends along the way. Also, after the presentations, you can eat lunch, get some coffee, or hang out with one or more of your new friends at Lynchburg’s dining facilities!
When it starts:
- The fall 2023 sessions begin on Sept. 13 and take place every Wednesday from 10 a.m.-noon
What you get:
- Attendance at 10 in-person, two-hour interactive sessions held on the University of Lynchburg campus (typically in Sydnor Performance Hall, located in Schewel Hall).
- Reserved parking on Wednesdays.
- Access to live recordings after the event via emailed link.
- Free tickets to theatrical and musical performances on campus for annual and semester members.
- Borrowing privileges at Knight-Capron Library: Check out books, audiobooks, magazines, and DVDs, and use the library’s public spaces.
What it costs:
- Semester membership: $120 $85 (29% off)
- Semester virtual membership: $49
- Annual membership: $240 $150 (37.5% off)
- Annual virtual membership: $79
- Single event pass: $12
University of Lynchburg
Office of Advancement
1501 Lakeside Drive
Lynchburg, VA 24501