The transfer living experience house is specifically designed to meet the needs of students who transfer from a community college or another four-year institution. The house creates an environment where you can live in community with other transfer students and provides connections to a variety of campus resources.
Transfer house residents have close contact with an upper class transfer student (Transfer Link Housing Liaison) who resides in the transfer house. The transfer living experience house is classified as a coed house. This experience is a joint partnership between the Office of Housing and Residence Life and the Office of Second-Year, Transfer, and Non-Traditional Student Programs.
There are openings for seven transfer students in the transfer living experience house. All deposited transfer students are eligible to apply to live in the transfer living experience house. Applications are open for those interested until July 9. To be eligible to live in the transfer living experience house you must have the following:
- Decision GPA of 2.5
- Completed 24 credit hours post high school graduation
- Completed the Housing Preference Form
Benefits of living in the transfer house
- Shared kitchen and living area
- Access to washer and dryer in the house
- Live among other transfer students in an on-campus community
- Participate in events and activities within the house specifically designed for transfer students
Requirements for living in the transfer house
- Maintain a 2.5 QPA (will be given one semester of probation if QPA drops below 2.5)
- Attend at least one transfer event in the fall semester, outside of Transfer SOAR and Hornet Days
- Enroll in GS 104: College Success Strategies (1 credit course offered in the fall semester)
- Sign Housing Transfer Living Experience Community Standards
Students who are not selected to live in the transfer living experience house will have the opportunity to live in one of our many other residential options.
If you have questions, please contact Jonathan Fries, Director of Second-Year, Transfer, and Non-Traditional Student Programs at Fries@lynchburg.edu.