Welcome to the University of Lynchburg! To make your transition to life as a Lynchburg transfer student as smooth as possible, we offer programs and events designed specifically for you. We’re also happy to answer your questions at any time.
Get ready for Lynchburg in seven easy steps:
Before you meet with your advisor:
- Review your credit evaluation and have it with you. You should receive this from the registrar’s office.
- Become familiar with the academic catalog and the course requirements for the major(s) in which you are interested.
- Come prepared with questions you may have regarding your major, career interests, internships, etc.
In addition to helping you plan your schedule, your advisor can:
- Help you create a long-term plan for graduation.
- Tell you about major-specific clubs, organizations, and other opportunities.
- Advise you about opportunities for internships, research, and study abroad programs.
- Help you explore post-graduate education and career opportunities.
You will receive instructions from your academic advisor about how to register online for classes. If you have further questions about online registration, please call 434.544.8218.
Please note: If a class you want is closed, speak to your advisor. Your advisor may suggest alternatives that will help you keep progressing in your program.
Transfer SOAR: Friday, Aug. 6, 2021, 9:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
At orientation, you’ll meet with representatives from various campus offices, along with faculty and staff, and learn about Lynchburg’s academic policies and procedures. You’ll also meet your new classmates and interact with your Link Leader, an upper-class peer mentor who also transferred to Lynchburg.
Transfer Hornet Day: Saturday, Aug. 7, 2021, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
During Hornet Day, you’ll learn more about internships, study abroad, and academic life at Lynchburg, and you’ll have another opportunity to interact with your Link Leader and new classmates.
You will receive more information this summer about Transfer SOAR and Hornet Day.
Questions? Please contact:
Jonathan Fries ’07, ’11 MEd
Director of Second-Year Programs