Welcome to the University of Lynchburg! To make your transition to life as a Lynchburg transfer student as smooth as possible, we offer programs and events designed specifically for you. We’re also happy to answer your questions at any time.
Get ready for Lynchburg with these easy steps:
Submit Official Transcript(s)
After paying your enrollment deposit, you must submit an official transcript from all institutions you have attended. Once we receive your transcript(s), we’ll do an official credit evaluation. Students won’t be able to register for classes until we receive their official transcript and credit evaluation.
Make an Advising Appointment
Once we have received your official transcript(s) and completed an official credit evaluation, you will receive an email from your academic advisor. This email will include a link for you to make your advising appointment to discuss your course schedule and other questions you may have.
Before you meet with your advisor:
- Review your credit evaluation and have it with you. You should receive this from the registrar’s office.
- Become familiar with the academic catalog and the course requirements for the major(s) in which you are interested.
- Come prepared with questions you may have regarding your major, career interests, internships, etc.
In addition to helping you plan your schedule, your advisor can:
- Help you create a long-term plan for graduation.
- Tell you about major-specific clubs, organizations, and other opportunities.
- Advise you about opportunities for internships, research, and study abroad programs.
- Help you explore post-graduate education and career opportunities.
If you plan to live on campus, you must complete the Transfer Student Housing Application. This form, that you need to find a compatible roommate, can be accessed under “applications” in your Housing Portal. We will assign you a roommate the month that classes begin and you will be notified through your Lynchburg email.
For additional information about the housing process, please contact Housing and Residence Life for questions and assistance.
Submit Health Form
- Submit your health information form for Fall entrance by July 15, or for Spring entrance by Jan. 15.
- All full-time undergraduate students need to complete the health information form and required immunization records. This includes students who live on or off campus.
- To submit forms, log into the Student Health Portal with your University network username and password. Then, complete your health information forms.
For questions, please visit the Health Center website or call 434.544.8357.
Check in to the University
Students will receive more information in July about completing the online check-in process. All students must complete this process.
Register and Attend Student Orientation and Hornet Days
We look forward to meeting you and the other students who will be joining us at Student Orientation and Hornet Days. Make sure to complete your registration for Student Orientation as soon as possible. Information for both Student Orientation and Hornet Days will be sent to your Lynchburg email closer to their respective dates.
Please contact Christina Olsen at email@example.com for additional assistance.