Welcome to the University of Lynchburg! To make your transition to life as a Lynchburg student as smooth as possible, we offer programs and events designed specifically for you to get acclimated to being a Hornet. We are also happy to answer your questions at any time along the way so feel free to contact us at any time.
The steps below can also be found on your applicant status page. Get ready for Lynchburg in nine easy steps:
1. Submit Schedule Planning Form (SPF)
- Submit your Schedule Planning Form (SPF) by May 15, or one week after we receive your enrollment deposit.
- Log in to your applicant status page and complete your form.
2. Register for Student Orientation
- Visit the Student Orientation page for more information and registration instructions.
- Attendance at one of the orientation sessions is required for all undergraduate students new to the University.
- After making your orientation reservation, you’ll need to pay your orientation fee through the applicant status page.
3. Submit New Student Housing Application
- Submit your Fall 2023 First Year Student Housing Application by June 19, 2023.
- Log in to the Housing Portal to complete your application.
- Create a profile by June 19, 2023.
- Select your roommate between May 1 and June 30. If your preferred roommate does not appear as an option, it means the student you requested has not yet submitted the First Year Student Housing Application.
- If you have not selected a roommate by June 30, the Office of Housing and Residence Life will match you with someone. They will notify you of your new roommate by July 6. If you have preferenced a single room buy-out, you will not be matched with a roommate.
- Room selection will occur July 10-14, 2023. You will be notified of your specific room selection date and time block through your University of Lynchburg email.
4. Pay Your Tuition and Fees
- View your financial plan invoice and make your payment of choice.
- Pay your tuition by Aug. 1.
- If you are paying with a loan, please have that certified by the due date.
- Payment can be made using a debit or credit card at payment.lynchburg.edu.
- Questions concerning your bill or questions about payment? Please telephone Student Accounts at 434.544.8217 or 434.544.8213 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Submit Health Form
- Submit your health information form by July 15 for the Fall semester.
- All full-time undergraduate students need to complete the health information form and required immunization records. This includes students who live on or off campus.
- To submit forms, log into the Student Health Portal with your University network username and password. Then, complete your health information forms.
For questions, please visit the Health Center website or call 434.544.8357.
6. Submit Official Transcript(s)
- Submit all final transcripts by July 30 or one week after we receive your enrollment deposit.
- If you are a student expecting Advanced Placement (AP), International Baccalaureate (IB), or Dual Enrollment credit, you must send AP or IB scores and final transcript from the college/university that issued the credit and/or degree to the University of Lynchburg. If you do not, you may have to repeat those courses at Lynchburg in your first year.
- All final scores and transcripts must be sent to the Office of Registrar, University of Lynchburg, 1501 Lakeside Drive, Lynchburg, VA 24501.
7. Check in to the University
Students will receive more information in July about completing the online check-in process. All students must complete this process.
8. Residential Move-In
- Residential students will get an email in July about selecting a specific move-in day and time. Residential students will move in either Aug. 17, 2023, between 10 a.m. – 4 p.m., or Aug. 18, 2023, between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m.
9. Hornet Days
- Hornet Days, our official start to the academic year, is required for all new students and recommended for their parents and families. Hornet Days are designed to continue your orientation to the University and get you excited to start your first year as a Hornet. Hornet Days 2023 will take place Aug. 18-20.
Parent, Family and New Student Connections