International students can receive help mastering the conventions of standard, written English grammar and usage. Prof. Alissa Keith offers support for students who are learning English. Please contact email@example.com to arrange an appointment with her.
- Tutors can get you started and help you overcome the “blank page” terror — not knowing how to begin or what to write.
- Tutors can teach you how to plan, draft, revise, edit, and correct your own grammar and spelling.
- Tutors serve as a preliminary audience and ask questions about your paper to help you improve it.
- Sequenced tutorials can help you review areas of grammar and usage as applied to written prose.
- Tutors can’t guarantee improved grades! They can teach you to revise your own writing.
- Tutors don’t offer a quick fix! They do help, but you’re expected to do your own checking and editing.
- Tutors can’t be a last-minute solution! Tutors aren’t expected to work overtime if you arrive shortly before closing time.
- Tutors don’t edit papers.
Due to heavy demand just before midterm and final exams, appointments can’t always be guaranteed. Make appointments well in advance.
If tutors aren’t already busy with students who made appointments, they’ll meet with students on a walk-in basis.
Tutors may specialize in writing requirements across the curriculum or in a specific academic discipline.
For more information, contact Jer Bryant at 434.544.8588 or firstname.lastname@example.org.