Number of Pathway Seats Available
- 10 seats
High School Requirements
- High school GPA of 3.5
- Interview required
Undergraduate Progression Requirements
- Complete undergraduate degree (bachelor’s degree) within 4 years
- Students will be required to remain enrolled continuously to on a full-time basis only
- Students will be required to demonstrate continued interest through annual intent review meetings with program faculty
- Applicants must meet the following GPA requirements prior to program application in CASPA:
- Overall GPA: 3.3
- Science and math prerequisite GPA: 3.4
- Last 60 credit hours GPA: 3.5
- Have no more than 3 outstanding prerequisite courses at the time of application submission
- Submit official scores for the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) to the Centralized Application Service for Physician Assistants (CASPA) using the University of Lynchburg code 3874 for the PA Medicine program. There is no minimum score requirement.
- Must apply through CASPA by the deadline of June 15th during your junior year
- International applicants must submit an official score for the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) to CASPA. The minimum total score is 80.
- Affirm that you have aptitude, ability, and skills that fulfill the technical standards
- Submit three letters of recommendation to CASPA supporting the applicants’ ability to be a PA. One letter must be from a practicing PA, nurse practitioner, or physician.
- Complete all PA Program admission requirements and prerequisites
Additional Clinical Hours Required During the Undergraduate Program
- 500 direct patient contact hours
- 8 hours shadowing a licensed PA
Upon completion of all of these requirements, the student will be eligible for application and be guaranteed an interview to the Master of PA Medicine program at the University of Lynchburg.
Please note that MPAM prerequisites are subject to change each academic calendar year based on the needs of the program.