Types of Appointments
In-person AppointmentsVirtual Tutoring: SynchronousE-tutoring: Asynchronous
- Traditional one-on-one tutoring session within the center.
- Feel free to walk in or schedule a meeting ahead of time.
- Available by appointment.
- Log in to the virtual session during the scheduled time to meet with a tutor.
- This option offers greater flexibility for all students since it’s not necessary to come to the center.
- Commuter and Access student friendly.
- The “always open” option with a quick turnaround (24 hours at most).
- Students fill out a short form where there is an option to upload a picture of their work along with a short description of their difficulties.
- Students never attend a session with a tutor, but rather are offered guidance based on their uploaded materials.
Preparing for Your Appointment
- List, or be able to describe, where you are having difficulties.
- It would be helpful for students to attempt the task(s) in question.
- Be sure to bring all necessary supporting documents (textbooks, guides, class resources).
Notice of Attendance
- Extra credit! Often professors will offer extra credit for attending a session in the MEC.
- Upon request, students have the option for notice of attending the MEC to be emailed to their professor.