In the College of Education, Leadership Studies, and Counseling, we produce teacher candidates that school divisions seek out. Our rigorous, unique program cultivates professionals who are ready and able to address the needs of diverse learners and create optimal learning environments for them.
Eric Grossman ’15
Special Education Teacher, Linkhorne Middle School
University of Lynchburg did an outstanding job preparing me for my second career. Every one of my professors knows me by name and to this day they still mentor me in my professional career. I will forever be appreciative of my Lynchburg experience.
- Elementary education major (grades PK-6)
- Special education major (grades K-12)
- Secondary education minor (with majors in an academic discipline, grades 6-12)
- Health and Physical Education
Graduate Certificate Programs
- Advanced Counseling (post-master’s)
- Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Earth Science
- Literacy Studies
- Students with Significant Disabilities
- Young Children with Developmental Disabilities
- EdD in Leadership Studies
- MEd in Counselor Education (Clinical Mental Health and School Counseling)
- MEd in Curriculum and Instruction
- MEd in Educational Leadership
- MEd in Educational Leadership (Higher Education)
- MEd in Educational Studies
- MA in Nonprofit Leadership
- MEd in Reading
- MEd in Science Education
- MEd in Special Education
At Lynchburg, you’ll find a collaborative environment. Students work closely with faculty, not only in the classroom but in professional organizations and through service opportunities. Our professors also model the behaviors of reflective practitioners, encouraging students to look back at their work, to learn from it, and eventually become independent professionals.
Our faculty creates a culture of leadership development, fostering cultural competence, effective communication, critical thinking, and community outreach. We develop teacher candidates who are catalysts for change and leaders in the profession. Through multiple, varied, authentic experiences in educational settings, we create teacher candidates who can readily apply the concepts they’ve learned in the workforce.