Nominations are submitted by students and evaluated by a faculty committee of past award winners.
The C. Raine Sydnor Sr. Endowment in the School of Business and Economics was established by the generosity of friends and family members of Mr. C. Raine Sydnor.
Mr. C. Raine Sydnor, Sr.
Mr. Sydnor, a distinguished alumnus, was a founder of the College’s Board of Overseers on which he served from 1965 until his death in 1983. He received the T. Gibson Hobbs Memorial Award in 1961 for his contributions to the church, the community, and to University of Lynchburg.
Mr. Sydnor was a leader in Westminster Presbyterian Church and actively supported numerous civic projects. As president of James A. Scott Insurance in Lynchburg, he led the company to a position of prominence as one of the most respected businesses in the South.
- 2021: Mr. Kevin L. Arrington
- 2020: Dr. David S. Murphy
- 2019: Dr. Leon J. Schimmoeller
- 2018: Dr. Sara E. Bennett
- 2017: Dr. Eric S. Kyper
- 2016: Dr. Paul Kelbaugh
- 2015: Dr. Gerald Prante
- 2014: Dr. Alina Klein
- 2013: Mr. Michael Schnur
- 2012: Dr. Eric Kyper
- 2011: Dr. Stefan Nicovich
- 2010: Dr. Sally Selden
- 2009: Dr. Dan Messerschmidt
- 2008: Professor Nancy Schneider
- 2007: Dr. David S. Murphy
- 2006: Mr. Michael Schnur
- 2005: Dr. Joseph Prinzinger
- 2004: Dr. Atul Gupta
- 2003: Dr. Sally Selden
- 2002: Professor Nancy Schneider
- 2001: Dr. Neely S. Inlow
- 2000: Dr. Atul Gupta
- 1999: Dr. Keith C. Jones
- 1998: Dr. Dan C. Messerschmidt
- 1997: Professor Thomas O. Murray, Jr.
- 1996: Professor Thomas V. D. Lee
- 1995: Professor Donald W. Johnson
- 1994: Dr. Neely S. Inlow
- 1992: Professor Gerald Rosson
- 1991: Professor Thomas O. Murray, Jr.
- 1990: Professor Marie Winks
- 1989: Dr. R. Kendall North