Your advisor has access to your academic summaries, class schedules, and grade reports through MyLC.
The following guidelines can help you get the most out of working with your advisor:
- Make and keep appointments; call if you must change or cancel.
- Arrive with specific questions in mind.
- Bring necessary materials (course offering lists, drop/add forms, etc.)
- Be open and honest about study habits, academic progress, etc.
- Make choices concerning careers, choice of major, and course selection.
- Acquaint yourself with policies and regulations in the catalog and Hornet.
Your Advisor Should:
- Inform you of office hours, phone and email contact information. Keep appointments or call or email to change or cancel.
- Provide accurate, specific information or refer to someone who can.
- Listen and help set goals and priorities.
- Suggest options concerning careers, choice of major, and course selection.
- Interpret policies when you have questions or refer you to someone who can.