The CHAMPS Program is a dynamic comprehensive program for incoming students of color, first-generation, and Pell Grant eligible students. The program provides students with the guidance and opportunities needed to be successful in their first year academic journey, transitioning to the rest of the students’ academic experience.
The mission of the Collaborative and Holistic Academic Mentoring Peer Success (CHAMPS) program is to provide opportunities to University of Lynchburg first-generation, students of color, and Pell Eligible students to have access to the knowledge and experience of successful peer mentors to promote their collegiate success.
As a first year student it can be hard navigating through campus and finding the resources you may need to be successful. Having a CHAMPS Mentor will meet that and many more needs.
- Provide help with transitioning from high school to a university environment.
- Strengthen students’ time management skills.
- Impart tips on how to balance school, work, extracurricular activities, etc.
- Give first year students the opportunity to learn from the first-hand experiences of a CHAMPS Mentor.
- Understand how to utilize the campus resources and services.
- Increase networking opportunities on and off campus.
- Build lifetime relationships with CHAMPS Mentor and other mentees.
- Be a phenomenal HORNET!!!
CHAMPS is for YOU!
If you’re interested, fill out the I Am A Lynchburg CHAMPS form. We have a limited amount of spots available, so act quick!
For additional information, please contact The Office of Equity and Inclusion at email@example.com.