Welcome to University of Lynchburg! To make your transition to life at Lynchburg as a summer entry nursing program student as smooth of a transition as possible, we offer programs and events specifically for you. We’re also available to answer your questions any time.
Get ready for the University of Lynchburg in 5 easy steps:
Step 1: Register for Classes Online
You can register for your classes online at MyLynchburg.
Go to MyLynchburg, log in and select students online. Click on the Add/Drop courses tab and add the following courses.
- NRSG 220A: Pathophysiology
- NRSG 225A: NRSG Fundamentals
- NRSG 225L A: NRSG Fundamental Lab (Writing Enriched)
- NRSG 232A: Health Assessment
- NRSG 232L: Health Assessment Lab
Please note: If you have any questions, please contact Dr. Kathy Johnson at Johnson.K@lynchburg.edu or 434.544.7920.
Step 2: Request Housing
If you will be living on campus during the summer, request a housing assignment as described below. Remember that placements are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
Information about summer school housing(and a link to the form) can be found by clicking here.
Step 3: Review Important Nursing Information
Before Starting Clinical
Before attending clinical-which you will be doing as part of your summer course work-you must complete specific requirements mandated by the clinical agencies University of Lynchburg Nursing is associated with, as well as, the Virginia Board of Nursing.
- Complete the Nursing Health Information Form and upload it to the CastleBranch document manager.
- Other documents that are required to be uploaded to CastleBranch include:
- CPR Certification: American Heart BLS (Basic Life Support/Health Care Provided)
- Health Insurance Card
- Complete urine drug screening. Kim Ayscue (Clinical Coordinator) will contact you about this.
- CastleBranch is the company used to perform your background check, drug screen testing, and house your clinical clearance documents. Click here for instructions to order your CastleBranch products through the CastleBranch University of Lynchburg Nursing Portal.
- Instructions to submit documents to CastleBranch
Deadline to complete the process of clinical clearance is July 10. Contact Professor Kim Ayscue at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about CastleBranch resources.
Uniform information for the summer and fall will be available to you while you are in your first summer course. Uniform samples will be available to try on for size at that time.
Nursing Program Fees:
For information about the nursing program fees please click here.
Step 4: Complete Summer Entry Nursing Program Orientation
We will offer orientation sessions online to help you transition to the University. With courses moving online, orientation will take place virtually. You’ll be asked to complete short modules that will provide you with information about the nursing program, the campus, and campus resources. You’ll receive information from Jonathan Fries, Director of Second-Year, Transfer and Transition Initiatives in May.
Congratulations on joining the Hornet family! We look forward to having you on campus this summer. If you have any questions, please contact Dr. Kathy Johnson with any questions at email@example.com.