Welcome to the University of Lynchburg! To make your transition to life at Lynchburg as a summer entry nursing program student as smooth as possible, we offer programs and events specifically for you. We’re also available to answer your questions any time.
Get ready for the University of Lynchburg in 4 easy steps
Step 1: Register for Classes Online
You can register for your classes online at MyLynchburg.
Go to MyLynchburg, log in and select students online. Click on the Add/Drop courses tab and add the following courses.
- NRSG 220A: Pathophysiology
- NRSG 225A: NRSG Fundamentals
- NRSG 225LA: NRSG Fundamental Lab (Writing Enriched)
- NRSG 232A: Health Assessment
- NRSG 232L: Health Assessment Lab
Step 2: Request Housing
If you will be living on campus during the summer, request a housing assignment as described below. Remember that placements are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
Information about summer school housing can be found here.
Step 3: Review Important Nursing Information
Before Starting Clinical
Before attending clinical-which you will be doing as part of your summer course work-you must complete specific requirements mandated by the clinical agencies University of Lynchburg Nursing is associated with, as well as, the Virginia Board of Nursing.
- Complete the Nursing Health Information Form and upload it to the CastleBranch document manager.
- Other documents that are required to be uploaded to CastleBranch include:
- CPR certification. Preferred: American Heart BLS (Basic Life Support/Health Care Provided)
- Health insurance card
- Complete urine drug screening. Kim Ayscue (Clinical Coordinator) will contact you about this.
- CastleBranch is the company used to perform your background check, drug screen testing, and house your clinical clearance documents. Click here for instructions to order your CastleBranch products through the CastleBranch LC Nursing Portal.
- Instructions to submit documents to CastleBranch
Deadline to complete the process of clinical clearance is July 15. Contact Professor Kim Ayscue at if you have any questions about CastleBranch resources.
Uniform information for the summer and fall will be available to you while you are in your first summer course. Uniform samples will be available to try on for size at that time.
Step 4: Attend Summer Entry Nursing Program Orientation
May 20, 2019
Brewer Townhouse Classroom 1
This specific orientation program takes place on the first day of classes and is a required orientation session. Here is a preview of just some of what we have in store for you:
- Learning resources on campus
- Success in the nursing program: Program Standards, Progression, and Clinical Requirements
- Tips for becoming a successful nursing student: meet with a panel of current nursing
Contact Dr. Kathy Johnson with any questions at .