To make your transition to life at Lynchburg as an Access (age 25 and over) or second-degree student as smooth as possible, we offer programs and events specifically for you. We’re also available to answer your questions at any time.
Get ready for Lynchburg in six easy steps:
Before you meet with your advisor:
- Review your credit evaluation and have it with you. You should receive this from the registrar’s office.
- Become familiar with the academic catalog and the course requirements for the major(s) in which you are interested.
- Come prepared with questions you may have regarding your major, career interests, internships, etc.
In addition to helping you plan your schedule, your advisor can:
- Help you create a long-term plan for graduation.
- Tell you about major-specific clubs, organizations, and other opportunities.
- Advise you about opportunities for internships, research, and study abroad programs.
- Help you explore post-graduate education and career opportunities.
You will receive instructions from your academic advisor about how to register online for classes. If you have further questions about online registration, please call 434.544.8218.
Please note: If a class you want is closed, speak to your advisor. Your advisor may suggest alternatives that will help you keep progressing in your program.
- Submit your health information form for Fall entrance by July 15, or for Spring entrance by Jan. 15.
- All full-time undergraduate students need to complete the health information form and required immunization records. This includes students who live on or off campus.
- To submit forms, log into the Student Health Portal with your University network username and password. Then, complete your health information forms.
For questions, please visit the Health Center website or call 434.544.8357.
Advising and Academic Resource Center