The Bonner Network has found seven Common Commitments that are important to people in the program. Each Bonner Program has different activites where they explore these commitments, including discussions, reflections, and film screenings.
- Community Building: Create and sustain a vibrant community of place, personal relationships, and shared interests.
- Diversity: Respect the different dimensions of personal and group identities (such as class, gender, race, ethnicity, religion, physical and mental ability) and create opportunities to talk and learn from each other.
- Civic Engagement: Explore and do many things like service, politics, social action, and public policy.
- Social Justice: Understand and support fairness, impartiality, and equity when addressing systemic social and environmental issues.
- International Perspective: Develop an understanding of other cultures and countries so you can take part in a global world. Understand the different values and beliefs that make up these cultures, and learn to work together despite our differences.
- Spiritual Exploration: You should keep space to think about different ways of understanding the meaning and purpose in life. Explore how our search for a calling can help us find out what we should do with our lives.
- Wellness: We believe all people deserve to have lives of wellness and wholeness. So we practice mindfulness to take care of ourselves.