Educational leaders develop, advocate, and enact a shared mission, vision, and core values of high-quality education and academic success and well-being of each student.
- Develop al mission for the organization to promote the success and well-being of each student/colleague/client.
- In collaboration with members of the organization and the community and using relevant data, develop and promote a vision for the organization on the successful outcome and development of each student/colleague/client and on organizational practices that promote such success.
- Articulate, advocate, and cultivate core values that define the organization’s culture and stress the imperative of client-centered service; high expectations and support; equity, inclusiveness, and social justice; openness, caring, and trust; and continuous improvement.
- Strategically develop, implement, and evaluate actions to achieve the vision for the organization.
- Review the organization’s mission and vision and adjust them to changing expectations and opportunities for the organizational, and changing needs and situations of those served.
- Develop shared understanding of and commitment to mission, vision, and core values within the organization and the community.
- Model and pursue the organization’s mission, vision, and core values in all aspects of leadership.
Source (modified): Professional Standards for Educational Leader