Professor of Management
Dean of the College of Business
Dean of the College of Business
Experience – Current
- Dean and Professor, University of Lynchburg, College of Business
- International Faculty, SKOKOVO, Moscow School of Management, (Russia)
- International Professor, Institut d’Administration des Entreprises (IAE), Aix- Marseille University (France)
Experience – Previous
- Director for the Center of Education, Business and Professional Studies and Miriam Katowitz (1973) Chair in Management and Accounting, Goucher College (Md)
- Associate Fellow, Templeton College, University of Oxford (UK)
- Lecturer, Saïd Business School, University of Oxford (UK)
- KPMG, Director, KPMG Advisory, specializing in mergers and acquisitions
- Spicer & Oppenheim (now part of Booz, Allen Hamilton) strategic consulting to financial services
- DPhil in Management, University of Oxford, Templeton College
- MSc in Management (Industrial Relations and Human Resource Management), University of Oxford, St. Anne’s College
- BSc in Business Administration, Georgetown University in International Management and Marketing with Minor in Fine Arts
Selected Conferences, Speeches, and Media
- “Global Strategy: At the Interface”. Fey, Carl; Hubbard, Nancy; Jain, Vinod. Academy of Management, Atlanta. August 2017. Published proceedings, Vol 2017, No 1. 30 Nov. 2017.
- “Introducing Sustainable Business Practices: Opportunities in New Business Strategies”. Moscow School of Management, SKOLKOVO. April 2016.
- “Acquisition, Strategy and Implementation: A Focus on Success through Implementation”. Institut d’Administration des Entreprises (IAE) Aix-en-Provence. March 2016.
- “Acquisitions and Entering New Markets: Best Practices and Latest Research”. Moscow School of Management, SKOLKOVO. May 2015.
- “Brazil versus Mexico—Why Mexico is Winning Investors”. Radio interview on Investing with Gavin Graham. Voice America Business Channel. 11th December 2013.
- “The New Frontiers of M&A”. Strategy 50 Conference, New York. November 2013.
- “Mapping Your Career”. Inaugural Undergraduate Women in Business Conference. Going Global: Women’s Economic Leadership in the 21st Century, Georgetown University, Washington, DC. Leadership Panel. October 2013.
- “Investing in Africa—Learning from Multinationals”. Radio interview on Investing with Gavin Graham. Voice America Business Channel. 26th June 2013.
- “Why Should European Companies Take Note of Emerging Market Global Expansion?” M&A Roundtable: KPMG Consulting. London, UK. Keynote speaker. June 2013.
- “Managing Innovation across Borders: Learning from Emerging Market Competitors.” 3rd Annual European Change Forum Conference. Aix-en-Provence, France. June 2013.
- “Innovation and Creativity: Learning from Emerging Market Multinationals”. NYC Capstone Forum of Oxford’s Innovation & Entrepreneurship Series, Oxford Business Alumni. New York. Keynote speaker. June 2013.
- “Investing in Emerging Markets—Learning from Multinationals”. Radio interview on Investing with Gavin Graham. Voice American Business Channel. 29th May 2013.
- “A Conversation and Q&A with Nancy Hubbard and Dean Romanelli”. Georgetown University 2nd World Forum, McDonough Business School. London, UK. Keynote speaker. April, 2013.
- Conquering Global Markets: Secrets from the World’s Most Successful Multinationals”. Webinar to the Association of MBAs. March 2013. Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4U9xtABYCk
- “The Opportunities and Challenges of Teaching Managing Sustainability without a Textbook”. Hubbard, Nancy. Annual Conference on the State of Higher Education, American Association of University Professors, Washington, DC. June 2011.
- Hubbard, Nancy. “Current Trends in Successful International Mergers and Acquisitions in Baker, K. and Ricciardi, V. (Eds). Financial Behavior – Players, Services, Products, and Markets. Oxford University Press, 2016.
- Hubbard, Nancy. ‘Teaching Managing Sustainability to Non-business Undergraduates: An Exploration in Fluidity Teaching.’ International Journal for Innovation Education and Research. 2014. Vol. 20. No. 3.
- Hubbard, Nancy. 欧米・新興国・日本16ヵ国50社の グローバル市場参入戦略: M&A、提携・合弁、グリーンフィールド投資が成功する秘密 単行本 . Toyo Keizai Inc. November 2013.
- Hubbard, Nancy. ‘Conquering Worldwide Markets through M&A’. Financial News. 7 May 2013.
- Hubbard, Nancy. Conquering Global Markets: Secrets from the World’s Most Successful Multinationals. Basingstoke, England: Palgrave. 2013. 228 pp.
- Hubbard, Nancy. Acquisition: Strategy and Implementation (3rdEdition). Basingstoke, England: Palgrave. 2006. 304 pp.
- Hubbard, Nancy. ‘Caveat emptor: A rule for the new deal’. Financial Times. Summer School Series. 24 August 2004.
- Hubbard, Nancy. ‘Did you say merger or murder?: Creating value out of retail banking acquisitions.’ Financial World. July 2002.
- Hubbard, Nancy. ‘Martial stress: HR coping with M&A’. HR Focus. April 2002.
- Hubbard, Nancy. ‘Cross-border mergers: Creating shareholder value’. Journal of Professional HRM. Summer 2001.
- Hubbard, Nancy. ‘Breaking up is hard to do’. In Pickford, James (ed.) Mastering Management 2.0. London: Prentice Hall-Financial Times. 2001.
- Hubbard, Nancy. ‘Diligence pays off’. Accountancy Age. 12 April 2001.
- Hubbard, Nancy; Purcell, John. ‘Managing employee expectations during acquisitions’. Human Resource Management Journal. 2001. Vol. 11. No.2.
- Hubbard, Nancy. ‘Breaking up is hard to do’. Financial Times. Mastering Management Series. 22 January 2001.
- Hubbard, Nancy. Acquisition: Strategy and Implementation. Indiana: Purdue University Press. 2002. 304 pp. For the United States market.
- Hubbard, Nancy. Acquisition: Strategy and Implementation (2nd Edition). Basingstoke, England: Palgrave. 2001. 304 pp.
- Hubbard, Nancy. ‘Communicate or fail’. Accountancy Age. 9 November 2000.
- Hubbard, Nancy; John Kelly. ‘Mergers changing the face of retailing’ The European Retail Digest. 1999. Issue 24.
- Hubbard, Nancy. ‘How to make acquisitions work’. Strategy. May, 1999.
- Hubbard, Nancy; Vivien, Philip. ‘The human factor in integration management—if you can’t integrate, don’t acquire’. Focus Magazine. Spring, 1999. Vol. 3. No. 1.
- Hubbard, Nancy. ‘Are mega-mergers mega-disasters?’. Financial News. 5-9th April, 1999.
- Hubbard, Nancy. ‘A guide to successful deals’. Acquisitions Monthly. March, 1999.
- Hubbard, Nancy. ‘Joining forces properly’. Financial News. 15-21st February, 1999.
- Hubbard, Nancy. Acquisition Strategy and Implementation. Basingstoke, England: Macmillan Business Press. 1999. 278 pp.
- Hubbard, Nancy. ‘HR led change’. Human Resources Magazine. September, 1998.
- Hubbard, Nancy. ‘Why mergers can be murder’. Human Resources Magazine. August, 1998.
- Hubbard, Nancy. ‘Mergers and acquisition: An opportunity for HR’. City HReview. Summer, 1998.
- Hubbard, Nancy. ‘Managing employee expectations in times of dramatic organizational change’. Journal of Professional HRM. Spring, 1996.
- Hubbard, Nancy. ‘Acquisition: Management to motivate’ in Storey, John (ed.) Cases in HRM. Oxford: Blackwells, 1996.
- Hubbard, Nancy. ‘Downsizing: managing to motivate’; Acquisitions Monthly. April 1995.