Associate Professor of Physical Therapy
- 2019-present, Associate Professor of Physical Therapy, University of Lynchburg
- 2014-2019, Assistant Professor of Physical Therapy, University of Lynchburg
- 2002-2014, Senior physical therapist and director, Body Dynamics, Inc.
- 2007-2009, Co-director of physical therapy and wellness, Washington Ballet
- 2009-2010, Adjunct faculty member, Doctorate of Physical Therapy Program
- 2001-2002, Lead instructor, Applied Career Training
- 2001-2002, Staff physical therapist, Commonwealth Orthopaedics
- 2001-2002, Acute care physical therapist, Shady Grove Hospital
- 2000-2001, Athletic trainer, the Detention Center of Philadelphia
- 1997-1999, Assistant director of athletic training services, Prevention Services, Inc.
- 1997, Staff athletic trainer, Health South of Philadelphia – The Joe Torg Center for Sports Medicine
- Doctor of Physical Therapy – Shenandoah University, Winchester, VA, August 2007-August 2008
- Master of Physical Therapy – MCP Hahnemann University, Philadelphia, PA, June 1999-2001
Awards: William McBeth Clinical Research Award, Graduation with Distinction
- Master of Physical Education-Athletic Training (MS, ATC) – Ohio University, Athens, OH, August 1996-June 1997
- BS, Health Sciences-Athletic Training, Minor: Psychology – Lock Haven University, Lock Haven, PA, August 1992-July 1996
- Fellowship in Orthopaedic Manual Physical Therapy; Evidence in Motion, Louisville, Ky.; 2016
- Board Certified Orthopaedic Clinical Specialist (OCS), American Board of Physical Therapy Specialties: June 2006
- Certified Golf Fitness Instructor, Titleist Performance Institute: June 2009
- Certified Athletic Trainer, National Athletic Trainers Association Board of Certification: June 1996
Presentations and Lectures
- Davis A, Grandeo J Kids Equipment Palooza: Experiential Service Based Learning in Entry-Level DPT Education. APTA NEXT Conference and Expo, Chicago, IL. June 2019
- Davis A, Grandeo J Kids Equipment Palooza: Experiential Service Based Learning in Entry-Level DPT Education. APTA Combined Sections Meeting, Washington, DC. January 2019
- Smith AR, Grandeo J, Helgeson K. Upper Cervical Anatomy/Biomechanics: Applying Anomalies and Imaging to Management of Headaches and Neck Pain.
- AAOMPT Annual Conference. October 2017.
- Davis A, Gamboa J, Grandeo J, Templer A. Coming Out of our Silos: MOOOOving out of the Clinical Practice Rut APTA NEXT Conference and Expo. Boston, MA June 2017
- Davis A, Grandeo J. The Effect of a Lower Extremity Mirror Therapy Protocol on Prevention of Maladaptive Neuroplasticity Following ACL Reconstruction: A Case Report. APTA NEXT Conference and Expo. Boston, MA June 2017
- Davis A, Smith, AR, Grandeo J. Managing Conflict in Health Care: Maximizing Meaningful Relationships. American Physical Therapy Association Combined Sections Meeting; Anaheim, Calif.; February 2016.
- APTA Research to Practice podcast series. Using Evidence in a Private Outpatient Setting, 2012
- APTA Physical Therapy Annual Conference, Washington, DC. Implementing Direct Access in PT Practice, 2011.
- Guest Lecturer, University of Delaware, Newark, DE. The Unique Challenges of Rehabilitating the Injured Dancer, 2008, 2010, 2011.
- Guest Lecturer, Howard University, Washington, DC. Incorporating Wellness into a Physical Therapy Practice, 2005.
- Platform presenter, Combined Sectios Meeting, American Physical Therapy Association, New Orleans, LA. Recalcitrant Shoulder Pain in a Pianist with Multi-Directional Instability: A Case Gone Wrong, 2003.
- Guest Lecturer, Lock Haven University, Lock Haven, PA. The Athletic Training Experience in an Industrial Setting, 1997.
- American Association of Orthopaedic Manual Physical Therapists
- Licensed Physical Therapist Commonwealth of Virginia, Department of Health Professions, Board of PT #2305202947
- Member, American Physical Therapy Association (APTA)
- Member, Orthopaedic Section, APTA
- Nominating Committee Chair, Performing Arts Special Interest Group, APTA. 2009-2011
- Member, Virginia Physical Therapy Association