Assistant Professor of Psychology
Dr. Hlaing joined the University of Lynchburg in 2016.
- PhD, Experimental Psychology — Southern Illinois University at Carbondale
- Graduate Certificate, Gerontology — Southern Illinois University at Carbondale
- MA, Experimental Psychology — Southern Illinois University at Carbondale
- BA, Psychology — University of Main at Farmington
- Developmental Psychology
- Human Neuropsychology
- Introduction to Psychological Science
- Sleep and Circadian Rhythms
- Statistics for Psychologists
- Biopsychosocial aspects of aging.
- College students’ grit and resilience.
- Effects of sleep loss on cognitive functions.
- Mental health.
Areas of Expertise
- Cognitive aging.
- Gerontology (biopsychosocial aspects of aging).
- Obstructive sleep apnea.
- Sleep and cognition.