Medical Director of PA Medicine
Dr. Truitte joined the Lynchburg cardiology practice in the summer of 1993. Since that time he has been involved with many aspects of the practice (both administrative and clinical) along with the development and promotion of advanced cardiovascular imaging. He currently maintains his full-time status as a noninvasive cardiologist with the practice and sits on the Centra Medical Group Board and chairs the Professional Practice Committee (a subcommittee of the Board).
He and his wife Karin have raised five boys and continue to enjoy hiking, biking, and a once-a-year sojourn to northern New England to recharge and refresh. Dr. Truitte comes to the medical directorship of the PA program enthusiastically embracing its goals and purpose and hopes to contribute significantly to an already excellent program.
- Cardiology Fellowship, Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center
- Chief Resident, Temple University Hospital
- Internal Medicine Resident, Temple University Hospital
- Medical Doctor, University of Pittsburgh
- BS Biology, Ursinus College
- Community Clinic
- Critical Thinking in Medicine
- Virginia Licensure
- Centra Medical Group Board, Member
- CMG Professional Practice Committee, Member/Chair
- Free Clinic of Central Virginia, Volunteer