Associate Professor of Biology
Chair of the Biology Department
Interim Managing Director of the Ramsey-Freer Herbarium
Dr. Terry joined the University of Lynchburg in 2011.
- PhD, Genetics — University of Wisconsin at Madison
- BS, Biochemistry and Molecular Biology — University of Massachusetts at Amherst
Research and Teaching Interests
- Annotation of microbial genomes.
- Human microbiome.
- Regulation of gene expression.
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Introductory Biology
Areas of Expertise
- Molecular biology of gene expression in bacteria.
- Factors affecting genetic inheritance.
- Evidence-based pedagogical practices.