Adjunct Faculty in the Doctor of Medical Science Program
Senior Advisor for the Master of Public Health Program
- Graduate Certificate, Global Health and Global Health Engagement — Uniformed Services University, F. Edward Hébert School of Medicine
- DMSc, Physician Assistant Medicine — University of Lynchburg
- MAPAS — University of Nebraska Medical Center
- BS — University of Nebraska Medical Center
- BS, Psychology — Fayetteville State University
- AA, French Studies — Defense Language Institute Foreign Language Center
Dr. Bernard Toney, ’20 DMSc, PA-C, leads a section of Global Health in the DMSc. He is a former White House Medical Officer and works at the National Institutes of Health. Toney is a retired U.S. Army Officer with a background as an aeromedical physician assistant. He also has experience in emergency and family medicine, and global health engagement and tropical medicine are two of his specialties.
Following his doctoral degree from Lynchburg, Toney completed a Graduate Certificate in Global Health and Global Health Engagement from the School of Medicine at Uniformed Services University. He obtained his Master of Physician Assistant Studies and Bachelor of Science from the University of Nebraska Medical Center.
Toney has received numerous awards and recognitions throughout his career, the most recent being the Defense Meritorious Service Medal in 2022 and the Presidential Service Badge in 2020.