To educate learners in the medical sciences through scholarship that promotes innovation, equity, integrity, and professionalism.
To be the preeminent academic College of Medical Science, leading the transformation of healthcare through innovation and quality education.
The University of Lynchburg College of Medical Science core values are:
- Lifelong learning
- Critical Thinking
- Intellectual Curiosity
- Diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Community and Global Outreach
- Recruit and retain highly motivated, self-directed learners from diverse backgrounds in an inclusive environment
- Develop proficient and skilled learners and leaders in the healthcare industry, both globally and locally
- Cultivate lifelong learners engaged in scholarship and innovation
- Forge visionary leaders and healthcare advocates
- Graduate learners who are committed to affordable and accessible healthcare and the support of care in inclusive environments
Justice, Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Statement
The goal of the College of Medical Science of the University of Lynchburg is to recruit, educate, and mentor learners from diverse backgrounds to become compassionate leaders with an emphasis on teamwork, communication, and patient-centered care.
As a college, we embrace diversity in its broadest sense and are committed to cultivating a just, inclusive, equitable, and safe learning environment, grounded in trust, respect, and integrity, where everyone belongs and will thrive.
The dynamic programs within the College of Medical Science will facilitate the highest standard of patient care while also creating leaders within medicine, local and global communities, and accelerating the advancement of patient care.