The Launching from Lynchburg initiative provides programs and services that prepare and position recent graduates from the University of Lynchburg to realize their goals for employment and graduate school.
Examples of the programs and services we offer include:
To Prepare – Maximize Your Opportunities at Lynchburg
- College-to-Career Courses, credit-bearing classes that help students learn skills needed to engage in a successful job search process
- College-to-Career Workshop Series, covering topics from resumes, internships, networking, mock interviews, to professional etiquette and more
- Enroll in the Pro+ program designed for students to gain the professional skills necessary to transition into graduate school or a job upon graduation.
To Position – Gain the Competitive Edge
- Hornet-2-Hornet, student-alumni networking events, introducing students to alumni who can aid their career access and knowledge
- Handshake, a comprehensive, online career management system designed to give students direct access to quality internships and jobs
- Lynchburg in D.C., a partnership with organizations in the Washington, D.C. area including the Washington Center