We offer SOL-compliant economic education workshops for K-12 teachers.
Teachers from Amherst, Appomattox, Bedford, and Campbell counties, and Lynchburg City participate free thanks to the financial partnership support from each school division and grant money from the Virginia Council on Economic Education.
Other teachers will be charged a $50 fee to cover a portion of the workshop expenses. Discounts are available for multiple participants. Private School Economic Education Association memberships are available.
All teachers should register using the above links or by accessing the Virginia Council on Economic Education website, clicking “Teacher Workshops” and selecting “University of Lynchburg” as the “Sponsoring Center for Economic Education.” Next “Search,” then “Register” (located in blue bar beneath workshop description). Registration is on a first-come, first-served basis.
- All workshops are SOL-compliant.
- Each participant will take home a collection of ready-to-use lessons and/or curriculum unit.
- Certificates of completion will be awarded for recertification points, as approved by each school division.
- Food and drink will be served at every workshop!
Click here for turn by turn directions to campus.
To Schewel Hall
- On Lakeside Drive (221N), pass University of Lynchburg’s main entrance on the right.
- Take the first right at the first light.
- Take the next right onto College Drive.
- Take a right onto Vernon Street at the top of the hill.
- Schewel Hall is the three-story brick building straight ahead (beside the Chapel and attached to library).