At Lynchburg, you’ll find a tight-knit community of student and faculty scholars, dedicated support staff, and flexible options to help you reach your educational and career goals.
As an Access student (age 25 and older), you’ll receive a discounted tuition rate. For 2022-23, tuition is $500 per credit hour. (This excludes second-degree nursing students and international students.)
- Access student application steps
- Get to know the University of Lynchburg and the transfer process with the Transfer and Access (Adult) Student Guide
The Access Program offers several options:
- Enroll in any of the University’s 50+ majors. Access students who choose this route will take courses offered at traditional times, mostly in person. They are required to meet all regular program requirements.
- Like traditional undergraduate students at Lynchburg, Access students need 124 credit hours to graduate. That includes the DELL curriculum — the University’s general education curriculum.
- New: Starting in Fall 2022, Access students only may enroll in one of three exclusive majors and two minors.
- Courses will be offered in the early mornings, late afternoons, evenings, weekends, Winter Term, and during the summer. They will be taught face-to-face, synchronous online, asynchronous online, and hybrid.
- Access students earning one of these degrees may opt out of the DELL curriculum’s foreign language requirement. They must, however, substitute the 6 credits with the two-part class Access Intercultural Competence Pathway Option.
Director of Admissions