To make things easier for you, the University has an option that will automatically enroll you in the institutional policy’s Accident & Illness Insurance Coverage. This will be automatically billed to you by Student Accounts & you will see this labeled as “insurance” on your student bill. The exact charges to your student account will depend on the plan you choose.
Insurance rates for the 2023-24 are as follows.
University of Lynchburg International Plan for 2023-24
Aug. 1, 2023 – July 31, 2024
Coverage by EIIA
Coverage is adjusted for single semester exchange students or students beginning in January.
|Plan Name||Annual Fee||Deductible|
Coverage for varsity sports/athletes
What is a deductible?
A deductible is the amount of money you must pay out of pocket towards your bill before the insurance coverage begins.
Several other international students have purchased acceptable plans through various companies are listed below.
- Medical Benefits of at least $100,000 per accident or illness
- Repatriation of Remains in the amount of at least $25,000
- Expenses associated with the medical evacuation of the exchange visitor to his or her home country in the amount of $50,000
- A deductible not to exceed $500 per accident or illness
- Must include coverage for both accident and illness (travel insurance and insurance that covers emergencies only is not acceptable)
- Coverage must begin no later than the student’s date of arrival in the U.S. and last until at least July 31 for degree-seeking students, or through the end of your time at University of Lynchburg for exchange students.
Please remember, if we do not have proof of health insurance within two weeks of your arrival, you will be automatically enrolled in the school policy and you will be responsible for the fee by the date communicated by Student Accounts.