University of Lynchburg students, employees, and visitors are encouraged to promptly and accurately report all campus crimes and incidents related to public safety to Campus Safety and Security and appropriate police agencies. To report a crime or other emergency occurring on campus, contact Campus Safety and Security:
- in person at the Campus Safety and Security office (located on the first floor of Hall Campus Center);
- by dialing 434.544.5555 when emergency assistance is needed;
- by dialing 434.544.8102 in non-emergency situations; and
- by using the LiveSafe app – tap “Report Tips” to send tips anonymously; attach photos, videos, and audio to a tip, etc.
The Lynchburg Police Department and other City emergency services can be reached by dialing 911. If emergency services are needed on campus in Lynchburg, contact Campus Safety and Security first so that a campus safety and security officer may be dispatched to the scene of the emergency while City emergency personnel are en route to campus.
Due to the importance of campus safety, the University of Lynchburg cannot guarantee that crime information will remain confidential. If requested or deemed appropriate by the University, effort will be made to keep private the details of the crime that are sensitive and/or not to reveal the identity or source of crime information. University of Lynchburg students, employees, and visitors are encouraged to use the following campus resources when coping with a crime or other safety concern:
Emergency Assistance: On Campus and at Health Sciences
- Campus Safety and Security, 434.544.5555
- First floor, Hall Campus Center
Emergency Assistance: Off Campus and at Claytor Nature Center
- Police, fire, and emergency medical services, 911
- Campus Safety and Security 434.544.8102
First floor, Hall Campus Center
- Community Expectations and Restorative Practices 434.544.8320
Second floor, Hundley Hall, M-F, 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Lynchburg Police Department (non-emergency call) 434.847.1602
- Bedford County Sheriff’s Office (non-emergency call) 540.586.7827 regarding Claytor Nature Center
Depending on the circumstance, the Office of Housing and Residence Life (434.544.8320), an Area Coordinator, or a Community Assistant may also be an effective source of help when coping with a crime or other safety concern. If you feel threatened and unsure what to do, contact Campus Safety and Security. An officer can help you contact other campus resources if needed.
University of Lynchburg Daily Crime Log
The University of Lynchburg Daily Crime Log provides brief information about crimes reported to Campus Safety and Security such as the incident date, time, location, nature, and disposition by Campus Safety and Security. Information found in the daily crime log can be found on the Daily Crime Log website.