- Office of Marketing and Communications
- 336 College St.
- University of Lynchburg Marketing and Communications Website
Social media platforms can be useful tools for University of Lynchburg organizations to communicate with each other and with the public. Social media platforms allow for the sharing of user-generated content and immediate, interactive conversation. Some examples include Instagram, Facebook, X (formerly known as Twitter), YouTube, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Snapchat, TikTok, and Flickr.
The University’s Social Media Policy applies to employees and to students who maintain official social media accounts on behalf of University offices or groups. Official social media accounts are those:
- Created by a University employee to represent and promote the University.
- Created for University offices, schools, departments, or school-sponsored, approved student groups.
- Which use the University of Lynchburg or UL in their account names. (Only official accounts may use the University name.)
- Which have at least one faculty or staff person as an account administrator at all times. Only current staff, faculty, and currently enrolled students may serve as account administrators.
- If an account administrator leaves their position or the University for any reason or no longer wishes to be an account administrator, the academic or administrative department is responsible for removing that person’s administrative permissions to the site and for designating another Lynchburg employee to be the account administrator.
Individuals who wish to create an official University of Lynchburg social media account must:
- Notify the Office of Marketing and Communications (MarCom) of the intention to create a social media account by completing the online social media registration form.
- Before launching your account, MarCom recommends you create a content calendar with at least 30 days worth of content. Please include this plan with your request to start an account.
- When naming the account, include the University of Lynchburg, UL, or Lynchburg at the beginning (e.g., UL_StudentLife).
- Provide a current faculty or staff contact when registering your account. Our office will need to contact this person in an “emergency” situation, such as, if it is necessary to remove a post or comment that is time-sensitive, inaccurate, or violates the social media policy. We will not manage your account.
For additional information and expectations pertaining to social media, see the full Social Media Policy provided on the University’s website (lynchburg.edu, search “Social Media Policy”).
Logo Use and Brand Guidelines
Students and student groups must follow guidelines regarding use of the University of Lynchburg’s name, mascot, logos, and colors. The University’s logos and marks are licensed. Items using the University’s name, logos, or marks may be produced only by licensed vendors. For additional information, see “Logo Usage and Colors” on the University’s website (lynchburg.edu).