What We DoMembership
What We Do
Provide an enriched experience for all students, parents, and families at the University of Lynchburg.
A collaborative group committed to:
- Act as an advisory group to the University’s staff and administration.
- Foster a positive and lasting connection for all students, parents, and families to the University.
Support University events, programs, and fundraising.
- Encourage the University to address the needs and concerns of students and families.
- Share time, knowledge, and expertise in support of the University’s strategic goals.
Expectations of Membership
- Provide strategic input to staff and administrators on issues of importance to students and their families.
- As ambassadors, represent the interests of Hornet families by engaging parents, families, and supporters through a variety of outreach efforts.
- Assist with the recruitment of future committee members.
- Participate in assessment efforts such as focus groups, surveys, etc.
- Attend biannual committee meetings.
- Be a part of a structured group with regularly scheduled (Bi-Annual) meetings with University leadership.
- Help shape the student, parent, and family experience at the University at a deeper level.
- Gain knowledge and insight about University resources and programs.
- Ongoing engagement and networking opportunities with University leadership and staff.
- A parent or supporting family member of actively enrolled students at the University.
- The shared belief that family support enhances student success in college.
- Committed to serve and make a positive impact on student life at the University.
- Represent the diversity of the University student population.
Interested in joining the Parent and Family Advisory Committee?
Director of Parent, Family, and New Student Connections