What We Do
To enrich the university experience for all students, parents, and families at the University of Lynchburg.
A collaborative group committed to:
- Acting as an advisory group to the University’s staff and administration while fostering a positive and lasting connection for undergraduate students, parents, and families to the University.
- Supporting University events, programs, fundraising, and encouraging the University to address the needs and concerns of students and families.
- Committee members will share time, knowledge, and expertise in support of the University’s strategic goals.
- Provide strategic input to staff and administrators on issues of importance to parents and families.
- As ambassadors, represent the interest of Hornet families by engaging parents, families, and supporters through a variety of outreach efforts.
- Assist with the recruitment of future Committee members.
- Participate in assessment efforts such as focus groups, surveys, etc.
- Attend biannual Committee meetings.
- Help shape the student, parent, and family experience at the University.
- Continued involvement with your student’s experience.
- Increased knowledge about University resources and programs.
- Ongoing engagement and networking opportunities.
- Invitations to special events.
Must be a parent or supporting family member of an actively enrolled undergraduate student at the University and hold a shared belief that family support enhances student success in college.
Individuals are committed to making a positive impact on student life at the University and represent the diversity of the University student population.
Interested in joining the Parent and Family Advisory Committee?
Director of Parent, Family and New Student Connections